Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sorry to see it end!

As I contemplate the end of the Webolution, my first thought was: Wow, this has been a terrific way to learn; not only about Web 2.0 (which has been very enlightening) but also about one another. We have incredibly literate, talented, amusing (too many positive adjectives to continue on here) staff at this library! I have looked forward to other's postings and will miss wondering "what's next" from them and the projects Nancy put together for us.

Favorite discoveries: Inserting pictures, hyperlinks, sound and video clips.
Most practical: Wikis and Del.icio.us which I use almost daily in ATS and my RSS feeds which I consult usually on a weekly basis (lots of good information for school there too!)
Disliked/Struggled with: Downloadable Audio books-I am hoping to spend my Best Buy GC on a MP3 player similar to the ones we practiced with (in ATS) so that I can confidently and honestly explain the process to patrons who are as confused as I have been.

6 comments:

sherambles said...

Good for you, Liberry Lady! You did excellent work. Comparing yourself to Mary Poppins might have seemed a little showy-offy at first, but since you're done with Webolution early, I guess it's hard to argue the point. :)

BLuB said...

I too, am sorry to see it end! :( I agree, I think I learned not only a lot of things about the internet and new technologies, but so many interesting insights into my fellow co-workers. That was an added bonue to this whole exercise! And now I have time to read everyone else's blogs!

LibraryLady said...

I guess this is an example of things not translating quite the way I had intended. I certainly wasn't using Mary Poppins to be a show off...my high school students used to call me Mary Poppins, it's the first movie my folks ever took me to so I have a LONG history with it, BUT my primary purpose was to say that even downloading MP3 files (which gave me fits) could be made into a game, hence the Mary Poppins (MP) connection.

Anonymous said...

It IS sad to see it end. It's been fun, huh?

Writer Gal said...

I can see why your students called you Mary Poppins. I got it--the tasks were fun! And I didn't even need a spoonful of sugar to make them go down easier!

sherambles said...

I know you weren't showing off, I was just giving you a hard time. Your message came through loud and clear.