Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Free and Legal Downloadable Music #13 Completed

I was impressed with the variety each of these sites offer.

Soundsnap was fun:
Water lapping on an ocean in Mexico (sigh!)
Thunderclap
Cartoon "boing" or spring jumper (great for invalid items!)
Wood gate creaking (creepy Halloween sound)

I think having distinctive sounds for different circulation functions might make checking items in and out easier. Perhaps something different for invalid items and/or notes about what a particular item contains.

Amie St I liked that you could import pandora and lastfm lists. Listened to Headlights and Chiaroscuro.

Artist Server I didn't like much. Thought it was overwhelming with clutter and not intuitive. Chose Classical/Woodwinds and ended up with vocal music in a foreign tongue (nice, but not what I thought I would get).

CC Mixter was probably my favorite. I checked out the podcasts: Mixin' in the Kitchen 7 featured songs about breath such as Hold your Breath. I especially liked their A Cappellas option. Listened to Day by Day by mykle anthony. Will probably spend more time here.

1 comment:

Nancy T said...

Cheryl is using the sounds for a puppet show. Wonder if using the sounds for a special story time might be fun?!