Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Government Websites #20 Completed

As ominous as the title sounds, these were actually very helpful and, for the most part, well organized sites.

After trying several times to view my home on the assessors site, I saw the note about "reviewing the data entry standards" (when in doubt, read the directions!). It's amazing what correct data entry can yield. Saw the aeriel view, what the property is worth and my assessed taxes for the year (ouch!).

I checked out the Department List/Motor Vehicles/Branch Locations because an OM resident told me there was a DMV branch at the fairgrounds, and he was right! That's convenient and something that I am frequently asked about.

On the state site I looked at the Unemployment Insurance Benefits; something that many people seem to be checking on these days. I could see using the Find a Driver License Office too.

I didn't know about Ben's Guide to the Government for kids and think that could be very helpful for basic information.

No comments: