Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wandering through Wikis

Tasks #17 & #18

Looking at all the Wiki links (sounds kind of Hawaiian if you say it fast!) that Nancy provided and navigating our ATS Wiki, I can certainly see the benefits to us here. I found Library Success interesting. Looked at "Reading Group Guides" which had a good list of current titles and "Leading Book Groups" under Reader's Advisory but there wasn't much there. A good place to ADD more information!

Having said that, however, I can't see much use for it on a personal level. When I thought about what on earth I should add (to the wiki) to demonstrate my perusal and consequent understanding of Wikis, I fell back on "liberry stuff."

I'm looking forward to what you "creative types" come up with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had an idea of what I would use a wiki for...a family history that all family members could contribute to, emend, and comment upon. It would be a way to collect all our recollections and could easily be extended to even remote family members. Whaddya think?

Rachel Hanson said...

I love that idea! Unfortunately, my family with the stories are the least likely to use a wiki. You should make a template and charge a slight fee, though people would copy the idea before you could hit save.