Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Tasks #14, #15, #16

What a good way to introduce us to new databases! I found an interesting video on "When is a Headache a Migraine?" which detailed the characteristics of a migraine, possible triggers and medicines that may help.

The articles I found in the Colorado Historic Newspaper Collection from the Plateau Voice were FUN! I typed in the keyword "library" (so original) and found two interesting articles:

October 29, 1915
Titled "Our Library," this article discussed the need for more books! The gist of it was if money can be raised for ball teams and such, it shouldn't be difficult to have a fund raiser for the library (some things never change)!!!

May 16, 1924
Titled "Vaudeville Show for Library Benefit," was a hoot! Detailed each of the seven "acts" and mentioned that at the hefty price of .50 each, the house was nearly full and the library would be able to purchase quite a few fiction titles with the proceeds.

I'm wondering if I might include the link to the EBSCO Host tutorial in an email to my classmates (learning to use databases for class)?

2 comments:

Nancy T said...

Definately, you can share the EBSCO tutorial w/ your classmates.

Love the Vaudeville show idea. You'll have to pass that idea along to Rachel!

sherambles said...

I'm not sure about my vaudeville skills, but a fundraiser show would be fun!