Saturday, September 12, 2009

EBSCO: I use it all the time! #10 Completed

Health conscious friends have been telling me I need a Vita-Mix blender after I just bought a WalMart cheap one a few months ago and have already had one broken part. Consequently, I thought this a grand opportunity to check out Consumer Reports on Blenders. While Vita-Mix had the highest rating at 85%, there was a Braun blender that was touted as the "best buy." At $400+, the jury's still out as to whether or not I'll be a Vita-Mix groupie.


Checked on Samuel Clemens after looking at the Book Lush's photo (which reminded me of SC). Interestingly enough, nothing came up under Clemens, Samuel but only when I changed to Mark Twain. Found some fun tidbits: (Penny might know this) He got his pilot's license in 1859. Was also challenged to a duel by a rival newspaper man and escaped to San Francisco rather than illegally participating in the duel.

There were 12 Biographies, and 246 Magazine and News articles on Mark Twain.

No comments: