Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Major Dose of Reality!

I have decided to work on my webolution as a means of trying to ignore what is happening in my home.....

After a wonderful vacation, I am now dealing with a flooded kitchen and living room. The carpet is torn up, 3 industrial fans are going ALL WEEKEND, baseboards have been removed and holes drilled into the wall in hopes of drying it out, the refrigerator is in the middle of the kitchen and the entertainment center is in the middle of the family room. Water is still seeping out from under the tile and has finally dried where it seeped through our foundation and down the driveway. I am waiting to hear back from someone who MAY be able to disassemble and remove our wood burning stove under which there is sopping wet carpet no one can yet get to, and STILL have not had anyone from the insurance company come out to look at the damage.

Mark is away so it was I who shopvacced all the water up before anyone came and used my steam cleaner to mop up as much as I could from the carpeting. Why do these things seem to happen when he's gone?

The upside is, I could have been gone with him and then it would have been 3 DAYS instead of overnight that the water ran.

I am no longer a happy camper.

Anyone for Coldstone Creamery???

3 comments:

Book Lush said...

You owe your husband some major grouch when he gets back.

Nancy T said...

Did you get your Coldstone fix? Because I'm game if you need an ice cream companion.

LiberryLady said...

I'm always up for a Coldstone companion!
;)