Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Beyond the Conference...

Tasks #11 & #12

While I was already familiar with most of these sites (they're on our staff web page after all!), I discovered a few things that were personally interesting. I had already blogged about WebJunction (on another site) and how terrific it is (I like all the Spanish resources that are available), but found a few other "tidbits" I could see using sometime in the future.

ALA helped me find the MLS program best suited for me!
The PLA Blog had "Internet Safety Bookmarks" for Teens,
CAL's Interest groups look like a good place to explore (especially Adult Services and Readers' Advisory)
CliC's tutorials and blog have some practical information, and
Colorado State Library surprised me by listing Mesa County Public Libraries as "Metro-Plus" size!

Conferences are great to experience, but our access to them will always be limited. Sites such as these are easy and inexpensive ways to supplement our professional development!

4 comments:

sherambles said...

I haven't been to a professional conference in years (it may have been a TESOL conference). I would love to go to one again! Do you think they will let you go to Guadalajara?

sherambles said...

BTW, I have been using Shutterfly, and it's great fun!

kittenzgotclawzz said...

Hey there,
You sound very liberry lady like (haha) I like your blog, and am glad you saw the rest of my posts. :)
Suz

kittenzgotclawzz said...

Hey there,
You sound very liberry lady like (haha) I like your blog, and am glad you saw the rest of my posts. :)
Suz