Saturday, August 15, 2009

Let's face it-like it or not, Facebook is BIG! #4 Completed

Explored Coca Cola and while I like a nice cold bottle (or can) of coke, I'm not likely to visit their site again; a waste of time if ever there was one. I have checked out CAL, ALA and PLA and found good information there (voted on the pins for next year's Summer Library Program). I do think it's important to know about Facebook, My Space and LinkedIn since so many of our patrons use these networks; they expect us to have some familiarity with them.

I also see the value in connecting with family and friends, sharing photos and whatnot, but cannot see having friends numbering in the hundreds....too much chattering for me. Nice to keep in touch with friends out of the state and in other countries (though China is now blocking Facebook).

No comments: